Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Sing With Me My Darling [3/23/15]

As I was working this week in the great city of Vinhedo, I stopped to think about this scripture in the end of The Book of Mormon. Oh if I could just make the hard hearts be softened...
´´...notwithstanding their hardness, let us labor  diligently ; for if we should cease to  labor, we should be brought under condemnation; for we have a labor to perform whilst in this tabernacle of clay, that we may conquer the enemy of all righteousness, and rest our souls in the kingdom of God´´ (Moroni 9:6). 
So, the solution is just to keep on keeping on.
This past week was a straight up war. Haha after months and months of the church praying and fasting for rain, The Lord blessed us with rain that just didn´t stop. It made me feel tenacious as I showed up in every house this week with rain dripping from every part of my body. On Saturday we got so soaked that I gave in to my companion and ran home for 10 minutes to switch clothes and shoes (bc they have holes in them). The rain had stopped so we felt good about the change... 20 minutes later after we had left the house after the change, the heavens were reopened...  Haha at this point, our bodies just wanted to lay down in the road and cry. It was really hard to remain excited... I noticed my new companion getting discouraged so I started to sing as loud as I could - ´´Called to Serve Him.´´ After a good time, I still noticed the discouragement and yelled (for it was raining so hard) and said, ´´Sing with me my darling!´´ (Phantom of the Opera). Without any protection or umbrella, he started to laugh and began to sing with me. That night after 6:00, we didn't find anyone new to teach but I felt so happy. I really felt like I was apart of something incredible. I felt truly called of God as a missionary.

The transfer will come to an end this week. We´ve gotta finish the week with my favorite family baptized... There´s no other option. Hope to send a picture of them in white, home next week! Pray for them.
-Ester
-Sergio
-Mateus
-Gabriel
-Julia

Notwithstanding the natural man inside of us that tells us to quit, let us labor  diligently - for we are participating in a marvelous work and wonder. In the words of my Mission President in Georgia, ´´If you don´t wake up excited about this work, you need to think again...´´ 
WHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Elder Welch
Livin´ the Dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment