Sunday, December 14, 2014

"Tudo na BÊNÇÃO!" [12/3/14]

Haha I can´t believe Mom mentioned about my ´´Homecoming Talk´´ already in a letter. I still have 1/3 left on the mission! But it´s crazy that it´s already December... Where is the time going?
So, everyone wrote me about Thanksgiving and Dad wished me a ´´Happy Thanksgiving´´ after doing a search on the Internet that Brazilians celebrate Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, that source was wrong - at least in the state of São Paulo. The natural man in me wanted to go crazy last Thursday night because of the Holiday, but I wasn´t able to justify it. I tried marking a dinner with a recent convert in the ward where I am now and bringing an investigator, but it didn't work out... Soooo, I bought ice-cream and the closest thing Brasil has to peanut butter, and had a ´´Thanksgiving dessert´´ on Friday morning with the four Elders in our house - two Brasilians and one Argentinian. I explained to them as we ate ice cream that each of them had to talk about what they are most grateful for... Haha I took some pictures of how lame it was - but that´s just how the mission is. Definitely a Thanksgiving I won´t forget. Haha
So, I seriously got the greatest news last Tuesday morning with Transfers. Not only did I return back to living with one of my favorite companions, but I returned back to THE SAME STAKE AS SOCORRO!!! Whooohooooooooo!! Seriously, I about dropped to the ground and past out like Ammon did when he got the news. Ohhhh, this past week has been good. I´m excited for the work here in my area (called Nova Vinhedo), the Stake President who I love, and to keep a good eye on Socorro so they can become a ward. Yesterday we had a Zone Meeting and invited the Stake President to participate. Before the meeting, we met with him to talk about what the zone is needing and what he wants from us. He left the meeting with us and spit out fire in the zone meeting when we called on him to bare his testimony. ´´This Sunday I´m taking a picture of all of you in this zone (its Stake Conference). We´re finally going to make history here! ... Your leaders are INSPIRED!!´´ He bore testimony of us! Haha it was pretty awesome. Everyone left the meeting pumped up. His wife also attended and made a bunch of brazilian sweets for the zone. It got me thinking about you, mom and dad. I'm sure dad meets with the Zone Leaders. It would be pretty cool if you could have a connection with all of the missionaries in the Columbus Ohio North Stake. I know mom is always helping out the Mission President with big projects, but it would be cool if it were on a smaller level. All of the missionaries here now love ´´Presidente e Irmã Kawai.´´
In the words of so many Pastors here, ´´Fica na bênção!´´ or, ´´Stay in the blessing!´´ Haha it makes me laugh every time.
I love you.
Elder Welch

No comments:

Post a Comment