Sunday, December 14, 2014

Fogo nos Ossos (Fire in the Bones) [11/17/14]

Man, this week I had the taste of real joy. To start, who remembers Eduardo from Jundiaí?? The one that prayed with us for about 20 minutes and then received an answer that The Church was true. Well, I went on an exchange with the Elders in the center of the city last week and they told me they had a service project planned with him Wednesday morning. AGGHGHHHHHHHHH!!! haha I was so pumped. I was a little bit nervous to see him. haha
The visit was incredible. We sat down near his house when we showed because he was running some quick errands in the morning. He showed up on his moto and stopped in front of us. As he was taking off his helmet, he said,
´´Sorry to run behind, I was running a couple of.... OHHHHHHH!!! ELDER ELCCKKKKKKEERRRR!!! OOOOOHHHHHH!!!!´´
Haha oh man, I didnt know if I should laugh bc he still cant pronounce my name or cry because I was so happy. Haha he jumped off his bike and gave me a big hug for about 10 seconds. ´´Im strong! Im still strong in the church!´´ he exclaimed. Aghh man, haha, it was such a good feeling.
He immediately cancelled the service project and asked if we could sit down and talk. My companion agreed.
He told me that he has received the Aaronic Priesthood, that he blesses the Sacrament almost every week, that he gave the closing prayer in Sacrament mtg last month, and has already baptized his mom and dad in the temple. Haha he still has that ´´recent convert fire.´´ I was proud to call him, ´´My convert´´ (in reality, he´s the Lord´s...)
I could write forever about the conversation we had, but Ill end with this.
As we were leaving the house, we planned on going to the temple together in March when he will receive his endowment. I had to explain to him that I wouldn't be able to visit him but that I would continue to write him. As I was leaving the door, he gave a hug. In this hug, he started to cry.
After, I looked at him. With tears still in his eyes, he barely got out, ´´Thank you. Thank you so much. I'm finally happy.´´

Ive never felt so much joy in my life. This work is incredible.
One more of my investigators was baptized this week in my old area. I love this work!!


Yesterday was the Primary Program in our ward here. I started laughing to myself when it started because I remembered how I would lean over and tell Matt to go and participate every, single year. Haha for some reason, even when Matt has 18 years, I still think its funny....

Hope you all have a good week! Love,
Elder ´´Fogo nos Ossos´´ Welch



No comments:

Post a Comment