Monday, November 11, 2013

Ay yi yi

All right, well I really don't know what to say. There's a quote in Preach My Gospel by Elder Oaks that says something like, "We don't preach and teach to increase membership in our church... We preach and teach to open the gate to the Celestial Kingdom and on to Eternal Life. No other person can do this." I'm obviously paraphrasing but Yeah BABY! Haha "No Empty Chairs" is no longer just applying to the family now, but all of my friends back in Ohio and here in Georgia. I'm FIRED UP!

Man, I've got to calm down and fill you in on this week. I'm seriously so blessed. I told Elder Evans this week that the "windows of heaven are opened right now and there's just too many blessings for me to even receive." Seriously, I pray like 50 times a day just thanking Heavenly Father for the miracles and blessings that are literally down pouring on me right now. "Blessings raining down like cats and dogs..." And the cool thing is, I don't even pay tithing! Haha... Oh man, how much I wish I could just fill you in on half of the miracles that I have seen this week. I'll just bear my testimony.

-I know that the Priesthood was restored. Holy cow, how firm my testimony has grown in this. I've seen miracles, and I'm talking about things you wouldn't even believe me, type miracles happen right before my eyes. In the matter of seconds after a Priesthood blessing I've witnessed some unbelievable things.
-President Monson is a Prophet of God and he is the Lord's mouthpiece. How key is home teaching? If "numbers" mattered, I would send you some awesome stats here in my area of us going out with home teachers and reactivating less-actives.
-The Book of Mormon is the Word of God. It's now a mission rule to carry a copy in your hand every where you go. Phew baby, I feel like Ammon chopping people's unbelief away with my sword. It's so powerful. Even if you already know it's true, pray to know if it is true again. There's no limitations on how many times you can ask. I have mine confirmed over and over (and over...) again.
-LISTEN TO THE SPIRIT! Holy cow, I think that's the thing I'm learning the most on my mission. I've seen people's jaws, heads, and tears just drop/fall just from heeding a small prompting from the Spirit
I've got to get a picture with the Johnson family and send it over to you all. They're the greatest thing (minus my own family) that's ever happened to me. Haha that doesn't even make sense but I can't wait for November 30th. All six of them are getting baptized.
Whoo baby am I so grateful to be on a mission. Tis the season...

Thank you all for your letters. I love you all
Elder Welch


"And righteousness will I send down out of heaven; and truth will I send forth out of the earth, to bear testimony of mine Only Begotten; ... and righteousness and truth will I cause to sweep the earth as with a flood, to gather out mine elect from the four quarters of the earth..." - Moses 7:62
A picture from when Elder Dallin H. Oaks (Quorum of the 12 Apostles) came to speak to the missionaries in the Georgia Atlanta Mission a couple weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment